Friday, September 14, 2012

Oh happy day


When we first moved here I rated the beach closest to where we were staying 10 out of 10.  It had everything I love in a scenic beachy spot. Then for a sad while it dropped down to 9 out of 10.  It was still my favourite beach but something vital was missing: a cafe.

The odd thing is that, apart from around Mandurah's inner city inlet area, that left only one near-beach cafe on the whole of Mandurah's 52km coastline (and that cafe is part of a chain, serves dreadful coffee, employs staff who roll their eyes when allergies are mentioned, has acoustics like the inside of a rubbish tin and therefore doesn't really do it for me.)

Today was a stunningly beautiful day and I took the ever-so-slightly longer but far more scenic route back to my office from a morning meeting so I could catch a wee drive-by glimpse of the glistening ocean at my favourite beach.  Then oh joy, I discovered that the Falcon Bay Cafe is open for business again!


I guessed from having spoken to the previous owners that it wouldn't be them now running the new incarnation of the cafe.  I loved that cafe from their excellent coffee, to the way they cheerfully answered my queries about what I should order for Peanut-Anaphylaxis-Boy, to their delicious yet affordable food to the way you felt welcome whether you were buying four meals or an iceblock. 

So it was with some trepidation that I swerved to a stop and scooted across the road to investigate. 


No need to be worried.  Not only was my coffee excellent but all the cakes in the cabinet even had allergen labels.  Oh joy, oh happy happy day.  Welcome back, Falcon Bay Cafe.  I can't wait to investigate further. Looks like my favourite beach is back to being a 10 out of 10 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment